Experience of around 10 – 15 years in Project/Program Management with a focus on IT infrastructure projects. This requirement is for the MES (Manufacturing engineering systems) group of an automotive company. Role would be initially start with Program Management of IT projects and subsequently extend to other projects within the group.
Role & Responsibilities:
- 10+ years of experience with minimum of 8 years in IT with specific experience in leading, measuring and improving the delivery & support of various projects in manufacturing / engineering domain.
- Experience in effectively working with geographically distributed cross-functional engineering teams combined with manufacturing knowledge.
- Managing multiple programs and successfully delivering projects against aggressive cost, schedule and scope commitments.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and standard project management tools would be an advantage.
- Experience working with different project management models such as Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Process skills: an understanding of process costs, ability to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure effective operations against agreed SLA’s.
- Ability to produce results by building excellent working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and partnering approach to working in a multi-vendor/team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
- Experience working in engineering/manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to assess organization’s needs, risk analysis & mitigation, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Conduct periodic status reviews and share program status reports in standard reusable formats/dashboards.
- Certification in PMP and / or PRINCE2 would be an advantage.
- Planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Defining the program’s governance model
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the individual projects.
- Managing third party contributions to the program
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the program’s successful outcome
- Ensure that the right product is developed to meet or exceed company’s quality standard and is delivered at the right time.
- Lead program teams and facilitate the communication and interaction among the functional / technical representatives.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Self-driven and aware of the latest technologies and trends in IT, program management.
- Being polite and at the same time assertive.
- Listening capability to gain a broader understanding of the program objectives and apply understanding at work.
- Effective problem determination (experience in root cause analysis) and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
Location: Bangalore / Chennai